Queensland Blue Couch
Queensland Blue Couch is a grass suitable for tropical Australia and Southern Queensland.
Although Queensland Blue was made popular in Southern Queensland due to its optimum suitability and performance in that region, it is also highly suitable to many other areas in Australia.
Queensland Blue Couch has a lovely soft texture, is less aggressive and does not thatch up as quickly as couch turf. This variety does not leave an unsightly appearance of cut and exposed stolons (runners) like other lawns do.
The colour is a very attractive dark green / blue. The variety requires minimal, if any de-thatching (vertimowing) when compared to every other Warm Season Grass.
- When grown under the right conditions it will form a dense mat that resists weed invasion and will have a rich blue-green colouring.
- Performs well in areas of high humidity.
- Not recommended for shady areas.
- Thrives best if maintained regularly through application of water and fertiliser.
- Care needs to be taken to defend against both pests and disease.
For more information on Queensland Blue Couch or our other turf varieties please contact us.